Christian Dior | Haute Couture Spring Summer 2017 Full Show | Exclusive

Complete Style Show in Hd. (Widescreen – Exclusive Video – PFW) #FFLikedalot #WOW

Christian Dior | Haute Couture Spring Summer 2017 Full Show | Exclusive

Christian Dior | Haute Couture Spring Summer 2017 by Maria Grazia Chiuri | Full Fashion Show in High Definition. (Widescreen - Exclusive Video - PFW) #FFLikedalot #WOW

75 replies on “Christian Dior | Haute Couture Spring Summer 2017 Full Show | Exclusive

• Irkajavasdream

Liam Lombard yes. You are thinking what I was. They better hurry up and get him into Any Haute Couture needs him so he can begin spreading his genius all around. He’s X not 20 any longer. With his alcoholism and drug addiction battle daily, um.. 85% mfers relapse and the total number of times average of rehabs and relapses before sobriety or perhaps he thinks “moderation will work.” Idk what his addiction program is, do you? I pray that he is able to spread his wings and fly for as long as the wind is beneath his feet. The average number of times in rehab before it sticks is 8. So please treat him like the king that he is while this earth is so blessed to have this talent! I was just about to ask if you have seen any up and comers FF? But creepy I feel like it’s sports! Ew no. But yep I guess so! Take care Galliano. Oops this is Dior.

• Autumn Shag

Oh jonathan,you just hate her feminism show. You just hate her because you’re a hypocrite. You’re the same person who would hate on raf no matter what.

• Royalty

I don’t think it’s the worst (as Raf Simons holds that title) but I agree absolutely that this is a big yawn! She only got her job due to connections as she is not talented. There are a lot of good designers out there who can really help show what the atelier can do.

• Dave Choi

Royalty gurlllll!!!!! High 5 on the worst shows for that previous guy! He was dying to work in Jil Sander… Can’t blame him…

• ukim chong

The show is problematic and here are the reasons :

1, look too much like her work in Valentino. You might say it’s her signature asthetic but com’on, at least you should change the color scheme or the shape.

2, the head piece and the set are WAY more interesting than the dress.

3, Quantity =/= Quality

4,Couture is the land of dream and creativity and Raf /Galliano did it by bringing fresh ideas into the house. Nonetheless, she didn’t, it looks like a set a barbie doll dresses(pretty and pink) that you can purchase in bulk.

5, Craftsmanship does not stand out in this show(Dior is famous for). one of the chiffon dress and Metallic lamé dress looks like a design school freshman homework/ afterthought.

6, compare with raf and galliano, you can see her “reinvented” bar jacket are off-proportion. The upper body looks very heavy and I dont think women wants to look like that.

Dear LVMH, you need a new designer for Dior.

• Jacob Coutie

ok sorry but i had to log on to YT just to disagree with you…
      a) naturally you would compare this with raf/galliano but i feel claiming they brought “fresh ideas” into the house contradicts the credibility you give those designers as they too have (somewhat) distinct aesthetics that were brought into the houses they design(ed) for.
      b) if you can’t see the craftsmanship in this collection then you clearly aren’t a sewer/crafter/designer yourself and may not see aspects of this collection that are coherently so.
      c)”i don’t think women wants to look like that” is subjective. I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say, I assume all women don’t want to look the same. Either way, I’m not in position to speak on this as Im a guy.
      peace.

• Dandylion

I’m getting bored of designers using elaborate sets to wow me; with a backdrop as magical as this I was expecting sprites right out of a Henry Fuseli dream, what we got were mildly petulant little girls playing dress-up in their wealthy grandma’s teagowns and some Partyland fun-hats. This just makes me pine for early noughties Galliano for Dior, where the catwalk was one straight line with fluorescent tubes, but each exit was more mind-bogglingly and physics-defyingly stunning than the preceding one.

• Dandylion

Haha, that makes one follower. hurrah! I’m afraid fashion bloggers now survive by toeing the line so they can get into shows. I just love fashion for its technique and craft rather than for its connection to celebrity or what’s in or expensive, and these days that’s just no way to run a fashion blog.

• Matt Frazier

+mzChocoSensualHedbob I agree! Excellent commentary! And so spot on about Galliano era Dior (which I miss but never tire of watching on YouTube everyday)

• mzChocoSensualHedbob

Dandylion Oh but if you were to consider it, you wouldn’t have to go to the shows to write any critical pieces on the collections. You could just watch them on here. Anyway a fashion critic in an era where people are so afraid to give honest opinions about a collection in fear of pissing off the fashion folk, would be a fresh breath of air.

• Mario Daniel

really sad to see people being so negative it’s so uncomfortable. This is the new Dior! more feminine, ethereal, light why can’t people accept that?? Galliano brought theatrical, glamour, extravagance! Raf brought modernity, experimental and a more architectural approach to the house. now it’s time for Maria Grazia to show what she’s bringing to the house! why can’t people just accept that ? do people even notice one of the pieces resembled the iconic bar jacket in this show with her amazing twist ?? what the hell is wrong with you people! >:(

• Sylla Atlas

Sorry but it seems like the great days of Dior are gone. I see medieval clothes with Native American (?) inspired feather hats. Dior is not only an usual brand, it’s with Chanel the luxury brand per excellence. And as you can see, only world-class designers are able to handle their very strong legacy. Sadly this was not enough. I hugely respect Maria for having the faith to do this, but if someone had shown me a piece of this collection, I wouldn’t have got that it’s actually Dior (possibly apart from the “reinvented” bar dress, but I have to say, it sadly lost its magic.). But the thing is that it’s not the job of Maria to interprete Dior, but to create Dior to be interpreted. Yves, John and Raf did this, but as she said: she wants to even interprete the collections of Galliano and Raf in hers. Well that’s not her job. Dior isn’t this. LVMH, please do this favour to this world, and hire someone like Giambattista Valli, Julien Fournié or someone who can do Dior, as it should have the right to be done.

• Paula Johnson

Sylla Atlas Christian Dior is spinning in his grave. He would never produce trash like that.

Even if I could afford it, I wouldn’t be seen in that drab, frumpy Dior stuff. The models look like Halloween witches. Chanel is still the only game in town.

• artsylovelylady

Sylla Atlas The Native American headdresses were actually quite racist. In Native American culture the headdress is only worn by the chief, usually a male. It is an honor with spiritual significance, not a fashion piece to be tossed into a box at the season.

• Nico Entinger

Maybe it isn’t inspired by Native American headdresses. Big feathers were worn in Europe since the late 18th century throughout the 19th century. Especially to official events at court. That was the first thing i had in mind when i saw them.

• Sylla Atlas

+Nico Entinger It stopped at the arrival of Chanel I know, but wearing feathers like this is maybe a relation to 1913, but it has nothing to do with the rest of the collection

• orangewedges

I liked her work from the first few seasons she took over the house up to around 2015, but her recent S/S show really wasn’t my thing. I know I’m completely in the minority here because everyone seemed to rave about it, but I’m just not enamoured by the aesthetic (even though it is Scottish-inspired which McQueen would have loved).

• Chris Zaghi

Theme:

A midsummer’s night disaster.

Key pieces:

Disproportionate attempts at recreating new look bar jackets, Valentino everything, random placements of cut open sleeves and hoods, a bright green gown that has nothing to do with the rest of the collection, random metallic gowns for fun, nonsensical headpieces for added confusion, models that look as if they’d much rather be somewhere else.

• Chris Zaghi

LeanneVlogzFilmz I’m glad you wasted time out of your day to reply to my “waste of a comment.” You played yourself 💁

• Phoenix Fire

+Chris Zaghi

“models that look as if they’d much rather be somewhere else.”

I have always wondered about that “boring/not being here”-look that fashion models MANY times have (=are ordered to have) – while it might be fitting in SOME situations and clothes I often find that look being “displaced”. Up to that in this show… spring and summer are seasons when most people are EXTRA HAPPY! I also wonder if ones senses would be more “positive” (so to speak) if the model smiles in the right situation/”atmosphere” – meaning that one might appreciate the clothes a tad bit more if the model makes them “presentable via a smile”. I am actually leaning to that it can make a significant difference and in this case it is MORE than obvious for Me.

Sorry for perhaps confusing words and grammar slip ups… I am from Sweden and not really familiar with “the fashion lingo” in English!

• Sushi Chan

Lol i love Dior x Galliano era but some of ya’ll seriously need to get over with it tbh. The statement is getting old~

• Derek Torres-Pruitt

YES IT DOES
    I THINK SHE NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. SHE’S RUINING DIOR AND I THINK THEY SHOULD REHIRE HEIDI SLIMANE