Alexander McQueen Fall/Winter 1995, “Highland Rape”

“” Highland Rape” “by Alexander McQueen

Alexander McQueen Fall/Winter 1995, "Highland Rape"

"Highland Rape" by Alexander McQueen

32 replies on “Alexander McQueen Fall/Winter 1995, “Highland Rape”

• Pindakaas MetHagelslag

hmm i doubt it. i think drugs were part of a models life back then. Or that’s what i heard and read.

• mothycallahaint

With the theme of this show being Highland Rape, I do think its all part of the show and what McQueen wanted the models to project, but this particular model may have been method acting or something

• Martha Van Karousou

I had the same thought when i first saw it but until the end of the show i had realised it was really part of the perfomance. Like she had been raped and she was wasted.

• Incredible Mann

+Pindakaas MetHagelslag Do you think a designer would allow a drunk model to wear his designs on the runway?

• xXanderliciousx

i really miss McQueen. He really was ahead of his time, being the only one building a bridge between fashion and art back then, which now is a common goal of both guilds.

• VinnyAntoine

That music @ the beginning is reminding me of the first after hours gay club Trade@turnmills in Farringdon london ,started in the 90s i wonder if that club was an inspiration to Lee mcqueen ?

• VinnyAntoine

i used to go to trade from 1998 right untill the club stopped at turnmills,best club in the world,had some AMAZING experiances in trade,was so so FERICE , was in that club most sunday mornings lol,i was very young then so did not know who he was 🙂

• Alice Edinburgh

Thanks for uploading this–I’m reading Gods and Kings right now and it is so cool to be able to see the shows described in the book. Gotta say, if I had seen this show in 1995 I never would have guessed McQueen would become what he did–to me maybe 6 looks were interesting. That last model’s outfit was nightmare fuel.

• Salman Alkhaledi

Alice Edinburgh I hated many of the looks loved how iconic were some but that’s just.. fashion you know? the bazaar gather to show their side of beauty

• Brigid

Most thrilling, dangerous, adrenaline-rush show ever, the models are breathtaking, with every entrance it is exciting–what will this one do? Will she jump into the audience, will she rip her clothes off, will she start fighting another model, will she faint, will she start screaming and yelling at everyone–it is so aggressive and unexpected. I’ve never seen an audience crowded up to the runway like this, like it is a rock concert standing room only, elbowing each other and aghast at what they are witnessing. The trousers are so damn perfect, every cut whether stove pipe or men’s cut–he knew how to make a woman’s body sexy like no other. And why can’t we buy these shows, who has no one thought to sell them for download?

• Sheena Jackson

Best fashion show ever. To me (I could be totally wrong) this message is showing that women who have been raped feel damaged (torn outfits). Some may turn to booze and drugs (walking like they’re high or drunk) to take the pain away, feeling it’s their fault. At some point they might think, “I’m going to let that event ruin my life.” (hence the agressive behavior). Again, I could be completely wrong, but that’s how I see this fashion show.

• Mario Tsala

The dress at 5:14 it was hand made by Alexander and worn only for this runway show and It was not put into production.Its price is 96.512€